This is an afternoon, after lunch, tea ALL Adenis enjoy as a family. Very easy to make, and very very delicious. ONLY to be found in Adeni homes !!!!
Here is the recipe for four glasses.
You will need:
1) 3 cups and and a 1/2 of water
2) 1/2 cup of evaporated milk (unsweetened)
4) Sugar to taste (i use 1/4 of a cup)
5) 6 whole cardamons crushed
6) 1 tblsp of loose tea leaves ( If you have someone coming from Yemen have them bring you Kabus tea leaves, and if not use PG Tips that you can get from any South Asian or Middle Eastern Store)
In a pot boil the water, milk, sugar, half of the cardamon. Let it boil for about 10-15 minutes under low heat until the mixture turns a little yellowy (as the sugar carmelizes).
Then add the tea leaves and leave until the desired tea color (some like it dark and some like it light, just remember that the darker it gets the bitter it gets as well). I like it in between.
Turn it off. Place the rest of the crushed cardamon in a thermos and pour the tea into it using a sieve to catch the loose tea leaves.