In Yemen this is called “Qahwa bayda” meaning white coffee. It is absolutely delicious.
For two mugs you will need:
1) 1 cup of toasted sesame seeds (or more if you lke–we scoop them up with a spoon after we have drank the liquid)
2) 3 cups of water
3) 1/2-3/4 of a cup evaporated milk
4) 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
4) 1/4 tsp of ground cardamon
5) fresh ginger grated (half the size of your index finger)
6) sugar to taste
7) 1 tsp of Yemeni coffee ((lightly toasted coffee beans that have been ground)
Place the water, sesame seeds, cinnamon, cardamon, sugar and ginger in a saucepan to boil under medium heat. Get it into a rolling boil, and then lower the heat and let simmer under low for about 8-10 minutes for the flavors to blend.
Add the evaporated milk (you can add more if you want it milkier). Let it boil for another 5 minutes or so. Add the coffee and let boil for a few seconds (do not boil for long) and serve immediately.
Enjoy ! Makes for a great winter drink.