This is a one pot dish. VERY DELISH !!!
In a big pot place the following:
1) 3 pounds of veal cut into big pieces (if you cut them into small or medium pieces, they won’t retain their shape in the long cooking process)
2) 1/2 bunch of cilantro washed and tied with a piece of string
3) 2 tsp of freshly ground pepper
4) salt to taste
5) 2 big onions finely sliced
6) 12 saffron threads (crushed between your fingers)
7) Saffron food coloring (orange)–a sprinkle or 1/4 tsp.
8) 1 tsp ground ginger
9) 3 tblsp of Olive Oil
Cover the pot and leave on first high heat until you can hear it bubbling. then leave on medium heat for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes add:
1) 2 tomatoes, diced.
Leave for another 30 hour. Then add boiling water until it covers the meat completely. Leave on heat again to cook for another 20 minutes. In the mean time. Cut up the vegetables you would like–i used potatoes and Zucchini. I cut them into big pieces–i.e. just halve them.
After the 20 minutes i added the potatoes and let them cook with the rest of the ingredients for 10 minutes, and then added the zucchini and let cook for another 10 minutes. You will know it is done when the meat is tender and the oil rises to the surface.
Serve with bread of your choice.