This was the best picture I could take before they were devoured. So, it’ll have to do until I make them again.You can stuff them into pita bread pockets with iceberg lettuce and the avocado salad, for a quick and delicious sandwich.
For the tuna patties:
1) 1 big potato–peeled, quartered and boiled in salt water. After it’s cooked through, mash it either with a fork or potato masher
2) 2 4 oz.cans of gourmet solid white tuna, drained.
3) 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
4) 1 tblsp of finely chopped dill
5) 2 tblsp of finely chopped cilantro
6) 1 jalapeno–finely chopped. Less if you do not want it to be spicy.
7) 1 clove of garlic, minced
8) 1/4 tsp of paprika
9) 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
10) 1/4 tsp of Salmon Steak Seasoning
11) 1/4 tsp of ground cumin
12) Salt and pepper
13) 1 tblp of unseasoned bread crumbs to mix in withe tuna patties. More for breading.
14) 1 egg
15) 1/2 cup of Canola oil
Mix ingredients 1-13 well, and make 13 small patties. Dip each in the egg and then the bread crumbs and fry in the oil at medium heat. Brown on each side, place on a paper towel for excess oil to drain and serve with your favorite dip. I made the following avocado salad by mixing the following ingredients:
1)diced up ripe avocado
2)finely chopped 1/2 of a yellow onion
3) finely chopped jalapeno (as desired)
4) 1 small tomato, 1 tbslp of cilantro
5) 1 minced clove of garlic
6) 2 tblsps of yoghurt
7) salt to taste
Mix well and serve chilled.