This is a very quick meal to make, unbelievably delicious, and healthy. Can’t say that about a lot of meals for sure. Serve it with a green salad.
You will need:
1) 2 cups of cabbage, roughly chopped [more if you prefer]
2) 1/2 cup of ground beef or turkey [I used turkey for this recipe]
3) 1 cup of rice [I used Egyptian rice from the Middle Eastern store]
4) 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
5) 1/4 tsp [or less if you like] fresh ground pepper
6) salt to taste
7) 1 tblsp of olive oil
Under medium heat, in a pot add the olive oil and once warn add the ground beef or turkey. Brown it well, then add the cabbage and let it wilt. Add the spices–ground cinnamon, pepper, salt–and let cook for another 2 minutes. Add the rice, enough water to cover it entirely and leave under low heat until the rice is cooked, and the water has evaporated entirely. Serve hot, with a salad.