This is a one pot dish. You will need:
1) A cornish hen [any small chicken will do]. Split into two pieces, and leave skin on for flavor.
2) Half a lime or lemon, cut into round thin slices.
3) 3 cloves of garlic cut into thin slices
4) Green chilly pepper [optional] cut lengthwise
5) 1 medium onion cut into thin slices
6) 2 tblsp of cilantro finely chopped
7) 1 tsp ground cumin
8 ) 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
9) 1/4 tsp tumeric
10) 1/4 tsp red pepper [paprika if you don’t like spicy food, and cayenne is you like it spicy (you can of course adjust to taste)]
11) Salt to taste
12) 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
14) 1 medium tomato, peeled, and cubed.
Place all ingredients in a pot. Mix well. Cover and leave on medium heat for one hour and a half. Enjoy with fresh baked French Bread.