This is a very flavorful rice that is a highlight on any lunch or dinner table.
For four people you will need:
1) 1 cup rice (half boiled and clean or any water)
2) 4 carrots grated
3) 1/4 cup of raisins (i use both yellow and black raisins–the combinations adds more color to the dish)
4) 1 tsp of fresh ginger grated
5) 1 cube of chicken buillion (i used Maggi)
6) 1 medium onion cubed
7) 3 tblsp of oilive oil
1 jalapeno (or green chilly) quartered lengthwise
9) 1 tsp curry powder (or as desired, less if you would like it less spicy)
10) sprinkle of saffron threads
11) 2 tblsp of Orange Blossom Water
In a pan, sautee the onions in the olive oil. When they are golden brown add the grated carrots and the raisins and let the carrot reduced. Once the carrots are reduced, add the chicken buillion cube, jalapeno pepper, ginger, curry powder and 1/2 cup of water. Let it cook under medium heat until the sauce is thinckened-about 7-8 minutes.
Once it is ready. Then take an oven pan (3x3inches) and place the sauce at the bottom and spread the half cooked rice on top. Sprinkle the saffron and the orange blosson water and sprinkle about 3 tblsp of water and cover with foil. Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.