You will need:
1) 4 green bell peppers (the smaller the better-but these are usually hard to come by except if you get them at the farmer’s market or an organic food store)
2) 2 chicken breasts cut into cubes [I used bone in for flavor]
3) 1 large onion finely chopped
4) 1 green chillie or jalapeno grated
5) 2 cloves garlic minced
6)2 tblsp of finely choppoed cilantro
7) 1 and 1/4 tsp and a half of cumin
8) 1 and 1/4 tsp and a half of coriander
9) 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
10) 1/2 tsp of curry powder (of less if you do not like it as spicy)
11) sprinkle of black pepper
13) sprinkle of red chillie powder (optional)
13) salt to taste
14) 2 tblsp of tomato paste
15) 1 cup of rice, washed (1/4 of a cup for each bell pepper, if they are smaller then less)
16) 1 tblsp of lemon or lime.
17/ 3 tblsp of olive oil
First, you will stuff the bell pepper with the rice mixture that is made up of the rice, lemon, 1/4 tsp cumin and 1/4 tsp of coriander, 1/4 ts of ground cinnamon and salt mixed well. About 1/4 cup of rice goes into each bell pepper. Arrange them on an oven dish or in a pot that you can place in the oven.
Then to make the chicken sauce, sautee the onins in the olive oil and add the garlic and once it is all browned add the chicken for about 10 minutes. Add the Jalapeno and the rest of cumin, coriander, and ground cinnamon and the curry powder and let cook for 5 minutes. Then add the tomato sauce and 2 cups of water. Add salt to taste.
Then pour this mixture onto the dish with the stuffed bell peppers. Sprinkle the black pepper and red chilly powder on top and cover the pot or the oven dish with foil and place in the oven at preheated oven of 350 degrees for an hour or until the rice is cooked through, and the sauce is thickened.