This is, by far to me, my mother’s favorite dish. It combines Chinese stir fry, with Adeni flavors. Simple, easy and delicious.
Alright , you will need [for two, maximum three]:
1) one medium onion, finely sliced
2) a half pound sirloin tip steak–cut into thin strips
3) 2-3 dried red chilly pepper, cut into thick strips
4) 4 garlic finely minced
5) Salt to taste
6) 1/2 tsp of fresh ground pepper
7) 1/4 cup of olive oil
8 ) 1/4 tsp of corn starch [optional]
9) 3 tblsp of liquidized red chilly peppers [usually I soak them overnight, and then blend them with a little water and garlic, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator]
First, fry the beef in a frying pan in the oil, until they are browned. Take out once browned onto a paper towel. Here they are chilling out . Salt them lightly.
Now back to the frying pan, you should have some oil left, if not add a little more. Add the liquidized red chilly’s, garlic, black pepper to the oil and sautee well for a few minutes like so. Then add the dried chilly peppers,and let sautee some more. Add the onions, and let cook for a few minutes–I like them a little crunchy so I don’t cook them that much. Add the fried beef, and cornstarch melted in a 1/4 cup of water. Salt and let cook under medium heat for a few minutes. Serve on a bed of white rice, and with some cool yogurt. Enjoy!