This is something that you can whip up real fast when you are in the mood for something light, and don’t want to spend much time cooking. It’s an emergency food for me, without sacrificing taste.
You will need:
1) 1 Cornish hen quarter with skin on [or any regular whole chicken will do].
2) 2 medium sized potatoes peeled, and quartered lengthwise [into wedges]
3) 3 tbslp of extra Virgin Olive Oil
4) 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
5) 1/4 fresh ground pepper
6) salt to taste
7) ground chilly power or pepper flakes [ or chilly paste] OPTIONAL but gives it a nice kick.
8) 1 small red or yellow onion thinly sliced [I used red]
Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a Pyrex place the chicken, onions, and potatoes. Add the rest of the ingredient. Mix well. Add 1 cup of water, from the side of the pan don’t disturb the spices that have clung to the chicken, onion and potatoes. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes until golden brown. There will be a wonderful broth at the bottom of the pan.
Serve with bread. Enjoy!