Makes delicious lettuce wraps. You can also mix in some mayonnaise and make some sandwiches.
1) 16 -20 medium sized shrimp
2) salt to taste
3) 1 tsp of fresh ground pepper
4) 1 cup of arugula finely chopped
5) avocado finely diced
6) 2 green onions finely minced
7) 1/2 Jalapeno finely minced
8 ) 1/2 cup of cilantro finely minced
9) 1 clove garlic [optional] finely minced
10) 1/2 cup of lemon juice
11) 1 tbslp of extra virgin olive oil
12) cayenne pepper or red chilly power to taste [optional] –if you don’t like the hotness of this, but want the color use paprika
For Serving: Lettuce leaves for lettuce wrap. For sandwiches, mix in some mayonnaise with the salad and stuff into pita pocket bread.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and grill, or place on hot frying pan [with a little olive oil] until cooked through–make sure you don’t overcook them and dry them out. Keep aside and let cool down. You can also refrigerate if you like. Mix all the other ingredients together [arugula + avocado finely diced +green onions finely+ Jalapeno + cilantro + garlic +1/2 cup of lemon juice+ extra virgin olive oil+ salt to taste]. Add the shrimp and toss well and serve either as salad, lettuce wraps, or mix in some mayonnaise into the salad and make sandwiches with pita bread.