This is a one pot dish–goes well with either white rice or French bread.
You will need:
1) 1 pound of veal, cut into medium pieces.
2) 2 medium onions, finely sliced.
3) one green chilly pepper(halved lengthwise)–optional.
4) 1/2 medium acorn squash, peeled and quartered.
5) 2 big potatoes, peeled and halved.
6) green and yellow zucchini, each cut into 4 pieces
7) 2 medium tomatoes, diced
8) 3 carrots, peeled and halved
9) Salt to taste
10) 2 tsp of ground cumin
11) 1 1/2 tsp of ground coriander
12) 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
13) 1/8 tsp of freshly ground pepper
14) 2-3 cardamons–whole
15) 1/4 of a bunch of cilantro–tied with a string– and3 tblsp of finely chopped for garnish.
16) 3-4 tblsp of Olive Oil.
17) 2 and 1/2 tblsps of tomato paste.
Let’s get started:
In a pot add the olive oil, meat, onions, cilantro (tied with a string), all the spices (10-14), salt. Mix well, cover and place on medium heat for 30 minutes. Then add the tomatoes and let cook for another 15 minutes. Then add some boiling water to cover entirely, and let boil for 20 minutes. Add the tomato paste and let cook for 15 minutes. Then add the carrots and let cook for 15 minutes, add the potatoes and let cook for another 15 minutes. Add the squash, let cook for another 10 minutes. Finally add the zucchinii and let cook for 10 minutes.
I usually like to put it in an oven dish after I am done, and leave under the broiler for the meat and vegetables to brown on top. But this is optional.
Serve with either white rice or hot French bread, straight from the oven and enjoy.